WORKOUT MANUAL FOR JIUJITSU
Develop the attributes that matter most on the mat – Explosiveness, Power, Work Capacity, and Combat-Specific Endurance.
Includes full program to create your own workouts + 100 Unique Workouts to get you started.
PRICE: Normally $19.99
GET TODAY FOR FREE – send us an email to get your copy
THE DRILLSKILL WORKOUT PROGRAM FOR JIUJITSU ATHLETES
ATTENTION JIUJITSU PLAYERS, WRESTLERS, GRAPPLERS, and MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS (MMA)!
BEFORE YOU PERFORM ANOTHER TRAINING SESSION…KEEP READING.
Do you struggle to find answers to the following?
- WHAT EXERCISES should I perform to be better on the mat, in the ring or the cage?
- Should I strength train, do cardio, do speed and agility work, mobility and flexibility work?
- Should I do Crossfit, 5/3/1, German Volume (10 x 10), Westside Barbell, Powerlifting, traditional body-part splits, etc.? (I’ve tried them all!)
- HOW DO I PERFORM the the exercises?
- How frequently should I train do to MAKE IMPROVEMENTS and not impact my sport?
- HOW MUCH WEIGHT (if any) should I use?
- How do I MAKE MY OWN WORKOUTS?
- What if I TRAIN YEAR ROUND?
- What if I’m a BEGINNER? What if I’m ADVANCED?
- What if I have LIMITED TRAINING TOOLS?
- How to I get STRONGER, FASTER, MORE EXPLOSIVE, and have MORE SPORT-SPECIFIC ENDURANCE in the same program?
- What is the RIGHT AMOUNT of STRENGTH and CONDITIONING to do so it doesn’t impact my GRAPPLING TRAINING?
The struggle is REAL!
This is just a small sample of the questions I see every day on every forum across the Internet.
People “grapple” with the flood of information and advice available to them.
It takes a long time of trial and error, experimenting on yourself to come up with the answers of what works and what doesn’t work for you.
I encourage you to keep reading to find out how I took myself from a DOUGHY, AFRO-HAIR GROWING, RAGU SAUCE-STAIN WEARING dude to a life’s quest to become the best STRENGTH & JIUJITSU COACH I can be for my students.
I don’t believe in shortcuts. Read that again. Go ahead.
I was not born athletic, strong, confident, or even good looking…except to my Mom.
I was a below-average student, struggled with reading comprehension, was uncoordinated and struggled with obesity in my youth.
Pictures are proof. (At least I can till grow the hair and mustache!)
I got tired of being…literally…tired.
My health was poor and my confidence sucked.
I didn’t know where to turn.
Then I turned 13 and touched my first weight.
It was like a shock wave of energy shot through me.
I was bitten by the IRON BUG.
I continued to lift weights 3 HOURS A DAY until my body transformed.
I dropped weight and built muscle.
I also took up Boxing at the age of 16.
I’ve always admired the powerful punching style of Heavyweights like Rocky Marciano, Jack Dempsey, and of course, Iron Mike Tyson (I grew up in the Tyson Era).
Even Middleweights like Marvelous Marvin Hagler had a “tougher than nails” attitude they brought to the ring.
I’ve always studied and emulated the training systems and styled of the MORE AGGRESSIVE and EXPLOSIVE boxers.
Quick, explosive movements with power to spare…..that was magnetic to me.
Those years I spent boxing were fundamental in making me me a BIG BELIEVER IN BOXING as an effective martial art and in developing into a well-rounded martial artist.
There is an “ANIMALISTIC” feeling to hitting someone with a clean series of punches at full power.
I changed my body from a 290+ lb 14 year old to a 190 lb 18 year old.
That’s 100 lbs in 5 years. Not the quick way….but the permanent way. I’ve never put back on any unwanted weight.
For 20+ years I’ve transformed my body and mind through Strength Training & Boxing.
They have become building blocks in my life to “anchor” my personal goals and stretch goals to.
THIS HAS CREATED THE DISCIPLINE I USE TODAY TO REACH ALL OF MY GOALS.
But then…….IT happened.
If you are reading this, you’ve likely experienced the phenomenal power of Brazilian JiuJitsu. Many of you may have experienced similar feelings with other grappling-based arts.
It’s likely hooked into you and changed you……for LIFE.
I was introduced to the idea of being humbled, over and over again.
It literally SQUASHED MY EGO and forced me into a harsh reality…
Not only was my strength a liability in training (I gassed out fast!) but as an untrained practitioner of the art I did not even know what was happening to me and my Boxing skills were useless on the ground!
This changed my mindset which was, until then, focused on brute strength and explosive power in all of my training.
I needed to focus as much attention on this art as possible.
It was too effective to ignore.
I needed to know the “secrets” that made this SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER MARTIAL ART.
I learned along the way that my strength helped but nowhere near as much as solid technique.
HOWEVER the LIGHTNING BOLT of REALITY was when I realized……
if I had SHARP TECHNIQUE AND STRENGTH TO SPARE……my results could be EXPONENTIAL!
My entire life…all of my training programs, every exercise I perform and every training session I attend has been and continues to be centered around getting the most out of my HUMAN POTENTIAL to improve my combat skills.
THIS IS THE GENESIS FOR THIS PROGRAM.
Don’t waste 5, 10, or even 20 years of your life trying to train to get the most out of your potential.
I stand 100% behind my products and services.
I will support you 100% to help you reach all of your goals as long as you are willing to put in the HARD WORK.
I want you to get the most out of your investment in me and in your most valuable asset…training time.
Please continue reading more below to learn more about the specifics of the program and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Best of Success in our Training,
DRILLSKILL WORKOUT MANUAL FOR JIUJITSU ATHLETES
This workout manual is 25+ years of trial and error as a hardcore strength training advocate, boxer, and Brazilian JiuJitsu practitioner. This is an easy to follow and brutally-effective way of getting the most from your time spent training.
I’ve designed it to be versatile enough for the COMPETITIVE ATHLETE, HARDCORE ENTHUSIAST, or the WEEKEND WARRIOR. If you’re a Grappler (JiuJitsu, Wrestling, Sambo, Judo), Striker (Western and Thai Boxing) or Mixed Martial Artist (MMA) that trains year round, this if for you.
This 110 page workout manual (ebook) contains:
- A comprehensive collection of over 120 drills and exercises with detailed visual and written descriptions
- Background and science behind the programs construction
- Concepts for including the workouts in a year round program
- A breakdown of the three major drill categories (Fundamental Athlete, Strength Athlete, and Combat Athlete) and their purpose in your development
- 100 unique workouts in 4 x 25 workout training blocks to drop into your program to align to your goals
- A DIY section to build your own tools to train with. Save your money!
The DRILLSKILL PROGRAM is designed around four primary objectives:
1. DEVELOP COMBAT-SPORT GENERAL PHYSICAL PREPAREDNESS (GPP)
- General Physical Preparedness lays the groundwork for sports specific preparation.
- This is essential to familiarizing yourself with the exercises and objectives of the program.
- You also use this as a time to reflect on your training achievements before, during, and after your workout. A critical step in collecting feedback about your performance.
2. SUSTAIN MAXIMAL STRENGTH MAINTENANCE & ENHANCE WORK CAPACITY
- Maximal Strength is the greatest amount of force that a muscle can voluntarily produce.
- Work capacity is the ability to perform maximal physical work.
- The goal is to sustain feats of strength, athleticism and combat-readiness, over a designated period of time.
3. DEVELOP & ENHANCE TOTAL BODY EXPLOSIVE STRENGTH QUALITIES
- Explosive strength refers to acceleration or rate of force development.
- This means getting your body trained to generate high action velocities.
4. ENHANCE COMBAT-READINESS STRENGTH ENDURANCE
- Train Combat Readiness through Multi-Purpose movements.
- The movements you add to your program should have purpose.
- This product is designed for the Grappler but can be tailored to ANY combat sport.
- The main goal of your workouts should be to get carry-over performance to your sport of choice. For combat athletes, its the mat or cage.
- For weekend warriors, getting better at handling the challenges of every day is what it’s all about.
Contents of the Manual
- DRILLSKILL Concepts
- Workout Objectives
- How to Use the Program
- The Concepts of Periodization and the Conjugate Method
- Programming for the Competitive Athlete and Weekend Warrior
- 20+ Animal Grappling Drills
- 40+ Fundamental Athlete Drills
- 20+ Strength Athlete Drills
- 45+ Combat Athlete Drills
- 100 Workouts25 x Workouts for General Physical Preparedness (GPP) focus25 x Workouts for Strength Athlete focus25 x Workouts for Fundamental Athlete focus25 x Workouts for Combat Athlete focus